How to Remove Excel Password Online?

Copper Contributor

I am wondering if anyone knows how to remove Excel password online? I have been trying to access an important spreadsheet, but I forgot my password. I have been searching for solutions online, but some require software downloads or payment, which I am not comfortable with. I was hoping to find a free, online solution that is safe to use.

I am not very tech-savvy, so any step-by-step instructions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

@JKnessary1220 

Alright, first things first: deep breath! Forgetting a password, especially for something crucial, can be super frustrating. Now, while there are online tools that claim to remove Excel passwords, tread with caution. Sending sensitive data to an online service can be risky. But if you're okay with it, let's dive in!

1. LostMyPass:

• Go to their website. They have a dedicated section for Excel password recovery.
    • Upload your file. They'll try the most common passwords on it for free.
    • If the simple method doesn't work, they offer a more comprehensive decryption method, but it might cost ya.
  2. Password Online Recovery:

• Navigate to their site.
    • Upload your file, and they'll try decrypting 2/3 of it for free. You can then see if the content looks okay.
    • If it's all good and you want the whole file decrypted, there's a fee involved.

A Couple of Things to Remember:

• Privacy Matters: These sites are decrypting your file on their servers. They might promise data privacy, but you're still sending your data to a third party.

• No Guarantees: Free online tools can't always crack every password, especially complex ones.

• Backup: Always keep a backup of your original file. Don't just rely on the copy you're uploading.

If you're feeling uneasy about online tools (and I don't blame ya), you might want to consider offline methods. Even if it means getting a little help from a tech-savvy buddy or local expert.

@JKnessary1220 

When I recently forgot my Excel file password, I found a solution in iSeepassword Dr.Excel, a tool designed to recover lost Excel passwords. The setup was straightforward, and I was impressed by its user-friendly interface. After a quick installation, I ran Dr.Excel, selected my locked file, and initiated the recovery process. Within minutes, Dr.Excel successfully cracked the password, allowing me to access my important document again. The whole experience was surprisingly smooth and efficient, saving me a lot of stress and time.

dr.excel.png