How to preserve hyperlink in a cell when referencing the content of the cell in a new worksheet

Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

How does one preserve hyperlink in a cell when referencing the content of the cell in a new worksheet. So say in worksheet 1 I have a cell with text value myprofile which is hyperlinked to a webpage, when it refer that cell value from a new worksheet or an external excel file, I just get the text value myprofile but not with the embedded hyperlink? I have to then go and edit the hyperlink and add the hyperlink manually. 

Any idea? 

Many thanks 

Cheers

1 Reply

@Sujoy_B 

Create or edit a hyperlink

The fastest way to create a basic hyperlink in an Office document is to press ENTER or the SPACEBAR after you type the address of an existing webpage, such as http://www.contoso.com. Office automatically converts the address into a link.

In addition to webpages, you can create links to existing or new files on your computer, to email addresses, and to specific locations in a document. You can also edit the address, display text, and font style or color of a hyperlink.

Notes: 

• If you want to remove links or stop Office from automatically adding hyperlinks, see Remove or turn off hyperlinks.

• This article applies to desktop versions of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. A simplified set of hyperlink features is offered in Office Online. If you have a desktop version of Office, you can edit your document there for more advanced hyperlink features, or you can try or buy the latest version of Office.

more information in the upper link

Hope I could help you with these link.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)