SOLVED

How to make calculations in excell between different books

Copper Contributor

Hello,

This is my first time, I would like to thanks all of you for the support and the time you´ll take to read my words.

I need to make calculations between different excel books that I have on Sharepoint. It does not allow me to do it as I would have the documents downloaded within my desktop. 

Would you mind please  helping me out with this matter?

Thanks!

4 Replies

@Raul_Cotul Hey you can use Power query for that and also please share some screenshots or files for more details to answer your query

@DevendraJain Thanks for your quick replay, as it´s my first time, I had no idea about power query. My excel is on Spanish, perhaps a screenshot does not help that much. Anyway, I´ll take your suggestion and here it goes.

@Raul_Cotul Recently I had solved a query of spanish Person using Google meet

If you can connect me on my mail id given in the description of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOGpBP6Wc8

best response confirmed by Raul_Cotul (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Raul_Cotul 

IMHO, Power Query has nothing common with your issue.

Unfortunately links between cells in different workbooks still are not supported for Excel Online. If you have links created in Excel Desktop and will check the file in Excel Online, it gives you an alert like

image.png

Perhaps one day the functionality will be added to Excel Online, you may add your vote for this here Links between spreadsheets in Excel Online 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Raul_Cotul (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Raul_Cotul 

IMHO, Power Query has nothing common with your issue.

Unfortunately links between cells in different workbooks still are not supported for Excel Online. If you have links created in Excel Desktop and will check the file in Excel Online, it gives you an alert like

image.png

Perhaps one day the functionality will be added to Excel Online, you may add your vote for this here Links between spreadsheets in Excel Online 

View solution in original post