How to look up using dropdown

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I need some help please.  Let's say I have many cols with rows of data such as this:

Name------Swimming------Running-----Basketball----Baseball-----Football-----Soccer

Joe D.               x                                             x                                                          x

Janet T.                                    x                                            x          

Helgar M.                                                        x                                        x

I need help to build a dropdown list that based on the dropdown list a user select, it returns the name of the sport that the individual participated in.

Please help!

4 Replies

@TB_VN 

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Please read it through!

Forgive me from the start, but always the same ... it's not pretty.

Everyone has a problem ... I can understand.

Anyone looking for help here is sure that their problem is very important to them ... I can understand. But I can't understand that everyone just writes on it without a file or, in the best case, inserts a picture and means that everyone goes to the trouble of creating files and other descriptions for them by the others.

Therefore, I ask you to read the link carefully in advance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Nikolino

@NikolinoDE 

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to see if I can post pics on here.

The first one is my text file, it contains (capture1 file) and my expected results (capture2 file).

Forgive me, but I am not making my life more difficult than it already is.
What is preventing you from inserting this data in the photos into a new file (where there are no sensitive data) and including this file in your declaration?
Why do I have to write down everything individually from the photos and make a file for you myself?
Where is the problem to announce his Excel version and his operating system version?

I hope you continue to enjoy Excel, I'm out of line.

Thank you for your understanding

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@TB_VN 

Attached is a sample file.  Due to sensitivity, I can't send the actual file.

In the first column (Col A) is the current data, and under each of the Sport there are many players' name that I can't list them all.  Under some of the Sport title, there could be from 10 - 200+ players' name depends on the Sport title.

On the Expected Output:  that's where I'd like to see the output to display in cols.  There are many more Sport Names, not limited to the list in the file.  So, if there's a way to read in Sport title/name and its players' names, then continues to the next col etc...

I hope this helps clear the ambiguity.

Thanks in advance,