HOW TO JOIN VALUES ON DIFFERENT SHEETS ON 1 MASTER SHEETS see sample

Copper Contributor

I would like to ask, I have struggle creating Formula on Excel, I have data that automatically inserts to Excel from another software. All I want to do is put them together like in a list on 1 sheet. But its very hard to formulate because the data is not fixed on count.

first see sample, the sheet "LOOK LIKE THIS" is what i wanted. 

and MY TEST sheet is where i tried every different formulas.

9 Replies
Im sorry, i cannot attach it, it said it is not supported.

@Jaygenodiala112 Can you share it via Onedrive, Google Docs or similar?

I already figured it out on how to attach. Sorry :)

@Jaygenodiala112 It's clear what you want. You say "..data that automatically inserts to Excel from another software", does that mean that the other software is somehow inserting new sheets into the overall workbook with the data in varying locations in these sheets? Or is it creating a new Excel workbook every time it updates something? I hope the latter is true and that the new workbooks are consistently structured. For instance, always 6 columns, same headers, starting at A1. It doesn't matter if it has 3 rows of data or 1000 rows. Please clarify how exactly the data comes into Excel.

You start your question be stating that "this is not related to programming". Does that mean you do not want a VBA solution? How about PowerQuery?

The software cannot create sheet on its own, I will be the one to define on which cell it will started.
because it is a template and all that 6 columns is constant, my problem is how to join them all into the master sheet and the data that will be displayed in row is not constant it will vary depending on how many objects have been selected from the other software.

I want either of solution, I'm sorry i just mistakenly typed it.
I hope my message is clear, Im not good at english , really sorry.

@Jaygenodiala112 No apologies needed. I'm just trying to get a clear picture in my mind. Personally, I'm not a VBA person and prefer to work with PowerQuery. Set-it up once, add or delete data and you can refresh the query over and over again.

Studied your file a bit closer and it seems that every sheet is for a project and the data seems to start at C13. Sheet 1 and Sheet2 are shifted one column to the right because you inserted one column in your attempts solve this with formulas. Correct?

Yes, I tried all my little knowledge but failed to do so. Thank you so much for responding my question here. I really appreciate it.