How to have information move between sheets as a rule

Copper Contributor

Hi all! 

Totally new to excel and wanted to check if there is a possibility to do the following function

so lets say i have 3 sheets, one is my master sheet, one hold all my accounts with an ARR over x number, and one that holds a specific industry Im more interested in. 

i sorted and copied the information from the master sheet into the other 2 sheets. but now the information is sorted differently on the other sheets. 

so to simplify, lets say i have 2 columns. one that says tier, and one that says the company name.

is there a possibility to create a rule or something that when i change the tier on company A on one sheet, that it will automatically change it on the other sheet (master sheet) as well? keep in mind the information is not on the same row anymore so multi sheet editing wont work.

thank you for the info!

3 Replies

@isaacbarak 

You can use the VLOOKUP or XLOOKUP function for this.

Master sheet:

S1426.png

Industry A sheet:

S1425.png

See the attached very simple demo workbook.

Hans,

Thank you so much for replying, this seems to be really close to what i'm looking for but sadly not exactly it.

im hoping excel can just go through a sheet (or a few sheets) and feed info to the master tab from the other tabs.

so basically, what you showed only without manually telling it exactly which column and row it in.

so let's say i made a change to company 1 in the other sheet so it would automatically transfer, the thing is that I have close to 200 of those so basically what I'm hoping for is something like this

go to sheet x
if you find company name x
copy tier number ( which is in the same row but one column down) lets say company name is b2 copy info in a2
find company name in master sheet (lets say its b6) and paste in the same manner (a6)

do you think i can do that?

@isaacbarak 

Could you create a stripped-down copy of the workbook (without sensitive information) and make it available through one of the websites that let you upload and share a file, such as OneDrive, Google Drive, FileDropper or DropBox. Then post a link to the uploaded and shared file here.