SOLVED

How to get rid of blue lines in excel

Copper Contributor

Hey guys 

I want to know how to remove these blue lines that are popping up in my excel sheet. I tried removing borders and unchecked "view gridlines" as well but these blue lines are just not going away.

Can someone help?  (pic attached)

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 10.42.01 AM.png

4 Replies
best response confirmed by NiravJ1996 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @NiravJ1996 

Likely to be conditional formatting... which you can clear as per the screenshot

image.png

Wyn
[MVP]

@Wyn Hopkins Works! Thank you so much!!

Hi @Wyn Hopkins 

I see you helped NiravJ1996 with a similar issue, i wonder if you can help me too.

I want to get rid of the grid lines between some cells but when i delete the grid lines i am left with blue horizontal ones, as if they were hiding beneath. I can't get rid of them. Also, there is a grey vertical line to the right of cell A that runs all the way down the page and will also not disappear. 

Do you know what's going on?

Thanks! 

Kyle

Screenshot 2023-02-23 094318.png

I have random blue lines throughout my worksheet in Excel. I have already, several times, highlighted my entire sheet and clicked no border. This works on one sheet to be printed, but not on my main worksheet. I am trying to sort but when I highlight the table, not all the columns will highlight nor will the Sort (Data-Sort) work. It can't be clicked; it is greyed out. CTRL+A only highlights the portions with the blue lines, not all of my text (columns). I hope you can understand this inquiry. 

I also tried the Conditional Formating to no avail.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NiravJ1996 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @NiravJ1996 

Likely to be conditional formatting... which you can clear as per the screenshot

image.png

Wyn
[MVP]

View solution in original post