SOLVED

How to Freeze A1 - A15

Copper Contributor

How do you just freeze just A1 - A15 where when you move A1 -A15 is always on my spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Carter

4 Replies
sounds like you want to "Freeze Panes" an option under the "View" menu. You have a few options there to freeze top row (not what you want), freeze first Column (that might work for what you want but I don't think so), or just freeze panes. By clicking on cell B16 and then clicking on the "Freeze Panes" Drop Down and then "Freeze Panes" again it will 'freeze' column A and 'freeze' rows 1-15, so the top left corner will always stay A1-A15.
Spoiler

When I do that it keeps rows 1-15 frozen and I want just A 1-15 to be frozen.

best response confirmed by CarterDRH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CarterDRH  Yes, if you want A1-A15 frozen then yes it will freeze the top 15 rows and the first column.  If you want you only freeze Column A then you can do that.  but Excel will not let you "float" A1-A15 while you scroll around the sheet.  I suppose you might be able to do it through VBA by creating an object or form and continuously adjusting the location of the object based on the present worksheet cell location....  but beyond what I can offer in this help here.

Ok. Thanks for your help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CarterDRH (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@CarterDRH  Yes, if you want A1-A15 frozen then yes it will freeze the top 15 rows and the first column.  If you want you only freeze Column A then you can do that.  but Excel will not let you "float" A1-A15 while you scroll around the sheet.  I suppose you might be able to do it through VBA by creating an object or form and continuously adjusting the location of the object based on the present worksheet cell location....  but beyond what I can offer in this help here.

View solution in original post