How to fit data to a certain size while also ensuring all columns are included on each sheet

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to create a template that would fit some data into an 8 inch by 8.75 inch square while printing on standard 8.5x11 paper. I also need to somehow ensure that everything scales properly so that all the columns are included every sheet (the rows can spill over into new sheets). Any ideas on how to do this?

2 Replies

If you set the margins of the page you should be able to define the square within which Excel prints. To get all columns and an unknow # of rows, on the page setup dialog, select the "Fit to" option, enter 1 in the first box and leave the second box empty. It'll take some trial and error to get the print the way you like. Also, don't count on the same result if you print this from another computer or on a different printer.

@s_lotem 

With permission from everyone, here is a simplified solution for lazy people (like me) :)).

Do it with "Specify print area".

Mark the area / square where you want it in the worksheet,

set it as the print area and just print.

It will only print this print area.

Set or clear a print area on a worksheet

Ps. As far as I know, this print area will automatically be retained in the copied worksheets.

Thank you all for your time and understanding

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)