SOLVED

How to filter for multiple things in a table at once?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I would like to quickly filter a long list of countries with only the select few countries that I'm looking for.

Currently I need to manually type each country with text filter but wanted to check if there's a more efficient method. 

I have attached excel sample for example.

Thank you,

Amy 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AmyYang (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @AmyYang 

yes, there is a more comfortable way.

Convert the list of countries into a formatted table: menue "Start | Format as Table"

Then insert a slicer: menu "Insert | Slicer"

As the table has got only one column, select the country-field for the Slicer.

The Slicer is always visible and you can move it around. If you hold the Ctrl-key, then you can select several countries.

DTE_0-1645515758834.png

Alternatively, activate the multi-select option and you can also select multiple entries without pressing Ctrl-key:

DTE_1-1645515817416.png

Dear DTE,
Thanks so much for your reply and detailed response on instructions for using this! I just tried it and it works great!

If I had to select 25 different countries though, I guess the only limitation is that I still need to select all the countries from the list, it wouldn't be able to automatically select and filter it. But I think that's okay given still much faster than typing it manually one-by-one! :)

Thank you,
Amy
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AmyYang (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @AmyYang 

yes, there is a more comfortable way.

Convert the list of countries into a formatted table: menue "Start | Format as Table"

Then insert a slicer: menu "Insert | Slicer"

As the table has got only one column, select the country-field for the Slicer.

The Slicer is always visible and you can move it around. If you hold the Ctrl-key, then you can select several countries.

DTE_0-1645515758834.png

Alternatively, activate the multi-select option and you can also select multiple entries without pressing Ctrl-key:

DTE_1-1645515817416.png

View solution in original post