HOW TO EXTRACT TIME FROM THE FILE IN EXCEL

Copper Contributor

In this time function column if we drag the cursor on the time format it is not showing the SUM in Taskbar sir. Only the count of the no of rows in the column is shown. I want to have the sum of the time in the above time column sir.

Column J and K time function is in text format sir. And using the Time format i have converted it into time format sir but for time less than 24 hours the solution is right but for more than 24 hours it is not giving the correct answer using Custom format [H]:MM:SS also sir.

After 24 hours of time it is giving the Remainder answer to the solution sir. If it is 26:00 hours the solution is giving as 2:00 hours. Please solve it sir.

4 Replies

@kiranjab Try this:

=VALUE(RIGHT(J3,8))

and format as [h]:mm:ss 

Sir it's working only for hours less than 100:00:00 ie., 99:59:59.

@kiranjab Well, I based the formula on the example data you provided. Try it like this then:

=IF(LEFT(J3,1)="0",VALUE(RIGHT(J3,LEN(J3)-1)),VALUE(J3))

sir,
IN THE GIVEN EXCEL FILE FOR GREATER THAN 100 HOURS COLUMN "J" IS IN TIME FORMAT SO IT IS DIRECTLY CONVERTING IT INTO VALUE USING THE ABOVE FORMULAE. BUT THE GRAND TOTAL IS IS TEXT AND ITS RESULT IS SHOWING AS VALUE ERROR. FOR TIME GREATER THAN 100 HOURS IN TEXT FORMAT THE FORMULA IS NOT WORKING SIR. PLEASE RESOLVE.