How to extract dates from descriptions containing the dates in many different formats?

Copper Contributor

Link here to what I'm trying to populate 

I've got a list of transactions where the relevant dates are given within the detail provided in one cell, amongst other text. The problem is it comes in many different formats. I'm trying to identify the start date & the end date that are relevant for that specific transaction.

Where the date is formatted 01/01/2023 - 31/03/2023 I have managed to extract this in columns E & F. If the description says "January" I can extract the month number (column D) - which I could then start to populate a start date of 01/01 & end date of 31/01 - but I'm unsure of how to add the year. There are other descriptions such as "Aug22-Jul23" that I am struggling with. In my excel it looks as follows:

Jbl7561_1-1681995591921.png

I understand some transactions I will need to review & enter the dates manually, but I'm hoping to find something to get me most of the way there.

I've been staring at this for so long I've stopped being able to do even simple formula now... So please if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

0 Replies