How to divide some value specific number of times in different number of cells

Copper Contributor

Hi,

as it's written in subject, we are trying to divide some input value in different number of cells. For example, if input value in cell E11 is 200$ (COMPANY part), formula should divide this amount on four equal parts in cells T11, U11, V11, W11 (BUYER part). To be more specific, if payment was 200$ in January, it should skip one month (February) and divide amount in March, April, May and June on four equal parts.  If payment was 400$ in August, it should skip one month (September), and divide amount in October, November, December and January (as you can see, when it reaches the end of year, it should bring back value to the first month of the year, some kind of loop). Is it possible to do with formula, or it shoud be done through VBA?

Best regards!

2 Replies

@RadoSV 

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture.

Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better and we could do the tests much faster on the data... win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE,

thanks for quick response. Of course. We are using Office 365 on Windows 10 OS.