How to create links to closed workbook cells using "IF" FUNCTION?

Copper Contributor

Hoping somebody can help?

I have successfully created a multiple "if" function in a cell e.g =IF(C34 = "product A", "£20", IF(C34= "PRODUCT B","£30"... )) etc. up to 7 products. 

In my "supplier worksheet", I can adjust my purchase prices from supplier.

What I am having to do is manually change the product prices in the "sales" worksheet formulae.

For example, if product A in my sales sheet changes, I manually have to change the £20 in the "if" formulae to the new price.

Is there any way I can link the value of products (£20, £30 etc) directly to the relevant cells in the Supplier worksheet, so that I only need to change the price in the supplier worksheet, whilst the IF function in the Sales worksheet updates automatically?

For clarification, I can do this with individual cells  within the Sales worksheet, (I.e I can get cell A65 in the sales worksheet to read cell c7 in the Supplier worksheet (=('[Sales Price List (template).XLS]Supplier Price list'!C7) -  where supplier price list is "open")

and of course cell A66 to read C8... etc.

I just can't work out how to incorporate this automacy into the function formulae. 

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone..

2 Replies

@Icemankool 

It looks like you may VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH prices in Suppliers worksheet based on product names / ID:s.

@Icemankool 

You will obtain answers easier and faster if you attach your sample file.