How to create a list from 2 worksheets?

Copper Contributor

Hello:
Is there a way to create a list from 2 lists: removing the names from a small list off of a larger list? 

Worksheet 1 is a list of everyone who signed up for a promotion. It was pulled today. 889 records.

Worksheet 2 is a similar list pulled a few months ago. The people on worksheet 2 already received their promotional items. 228 records.

We need to mail the promo items to people who signed up since the first list was pulled. How can I combine the 2 worksheets so the 228 old records are removed from the 889 old and new records?

Thank you!

Nick

P.S. The solution would've been pulling data from the correct time periods but we've got to use what we've got.

2 Replies
Quite a few options here, simplest in my view would be to add a column to sheet 1 that dose a COUNTIF formula on sheet 2 to see if the name appears.

So lets say your names are in column A of both sheets and you add this formula to cell B1 of sheet 1

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1) then copy this formula down in sheet 1. Then you will have 1s and 0s, just filter sheet 1 on the 0s as they don't exist on Sheet 2

This assumes everyone has a unique name.

Thanks!  Deadline forced me to finish the list manually but I'll save this idea for the next time. Appreciate the idea.