SOLVED

How to continue Goal Seek for next possible solution?

Copper Contributor

I Have an equation that needs to be solved. This equation has one unknown variable, which satisfies the equation with multiple values. But goal seeks stops at the first soltion. How can I continue the "goal seek" for the next solution?

Can someone help me?

3 Replies

@Sundardannana 

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Please find the attached file.

My system running windows 10, EXCEL 2013 version.

Thank you. Looking forward to your reply.

best response confirmed by Sundardannana (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sundardannana 

INTERCEPT function

Calculates the point at which a line will intersect the y-axis by using existing x-values and y-values. The intercept point is based on a best-fit regression line plotted through the known x-values and known y-values. Use the INTERCEPT function when you want to determine the value of the dependent variable when the independent variable is 0 (zero). For example, you can use the INTERCEPT function to predict a metal's electrical resistance at 0°C when your data points were taken at room temperature and higher.

LINEST function

The LINEST function calculates the statistics for a line by using the "least squares" method to calculate a straight line that best fits your data, and then returns an array that describes the line. You can also combine LINEST with other functions to calculate the statistics for other types of models that are linear in the unknown parameters, including polynomial, logarithmic, exponential, and power series. Because this function returns an array of values, it must be entered as an array formula. Instructions follow the examples in this article.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Hope to have helped you further.

Nikolino

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sundardannana (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sundardannana 

INTERCEPT function

Calculates the point at which a line will intersect the y-axis by using existing x-values and y-values. The intercept point is based on a best-fit regression line plotted through the known x-values and known y-values. Use the INTERCEPT function when you want to determine the value of the dependent variable when the independent variable is 0 (zero). For example, you can use the INTERCEPT function to predict a metal's electrical resistance at 0°C when your data points were taken at room temperature and higher.

LINEST function

The LINEST function calculates the statistics for a line by using the "least squares" method to calculate a straight line that best fits your data, and then returns an array that describes the line. You can also combine LINEST with other functions to calculate the statistics for other types of models that are linear in the unknown parameters, including polynomial, logarithmic, exponential, and power series. Because this function returns an array of values, it must be entered as an array formula. Instructions follow the examples in this article.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Hope to have helped you further.

Nikolino

View solution in original post