How to automatically copy a row of data from one worksheet to another according to a cell's value?

Copper Contributor

QUESTION: How do I copy/export a row of data from one worksheet to another based on the value of one cell in the row? Here is an example of what I'm trying to do: I want to chronologically track how many apples, pears and grapes I eat.  I also want to determine at any given moment how many apples or pears or grapes I've eaten and on what dates and also chart my fruit consumption to see whether my apple intake is greater at certain times of the year. So Sheet1 is my data entry worksheet, where I enter in Column A the date, in Column B the quantity and in Column C, the type of fruit.  I want this row data (in particular, the date and quantity) from Sheet1 to be copied/exported to Sheets 2, 3 or 4 based on the values in Sheet1's Column C (type of fruit). I know I could filter Column C (for apples, pears and grapes as the case may be) and then copy-and-paste into the appropriate worksheets but I want it to happen automatically when ever I make a new entry on Sheet1.

1 Reply