how to auto update STOCKHISTORY on multiple sheets?

Copper Contributor

Hi Insiders,

I'm trying to use STOCKHISTORY for different stock on different sheet, and get ticker and date from a single "home" sheet. When I change the date on "home" sheet, it updates the STOCKHISTORY formula but won't run the formula. I have to go to each sheet click STOCKHISTORY to get updates for each ticker. Any way to automate the update on each sheet?

Thanks

8 Replies

@Eric9919 

Do you mean within STOCKHISTORY formula you have the reference on the cell with date in another sheet?

@Sergei Baklan yes, the idea is when i change the current, all the sheets will be updated to the latest history

@Eric9919 

When I misunderstood what "it updates the STOCKHISTORY formula" means. With reference on another cell formula will be exactly the same if you change only the value in referenced cell.

i believe the STOCKHISTORY cell formula got updated, but the sheet won't get updated until i manually go click each STOCKHISTORY cell and execute.

@Eric9919 

Let me clarify. In Sheet1 we have something like

image.png

In Sheet2

image.png

If I change Sheet1!B4 on any other date formula immediately shows another dates range.

If to change the ticker

image.png

it also updates

image.png

Or you mean something else?

@Sergei Baklan 

From6/7/2021To5/7/2022 

Ticker    
AA    
AAPL    
ABBV    
ADM    

sheet 1

Eric9919_0-1657108100807.png

sheet 2

Eric9919_1-1657108153411.png

sheet 3

=STOCKHISTORY(A1,Home!B1,Home!D1,0,1,0,2,3,4,1,5)

this formula is somehow in the "Date" cell. 

Hope this is clear.

Thanks,

@Eric9919 

It works in my case, please check attached

yes, it works for me the first day. the problem happens the next day when i change the date on sheet 1. very strange.