SOLVED

How to auto-populate several different formula

Copper Contributor

Hi guys!

Is there a way to auto populate different formulas into a cell depending on what is selected (from a drop down list) or entered into a previous cell? 

For example, I have 4 different sets of date (V104, V103.5, V155, V162), which will be entered in cell B2, depending on which of these 4 sets are selected, I would like a formula to auto populate into cell D2 multiplying a 4, 3.5, 55, or a 62 by whatever amount was entered in C2. (Screenshot1)

I know this can be done singly cell by cell after the data is all entered. But I would like it to be automated if possible.  

Is it possible?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Ultra_Tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ultra_Tech 

There is different logic in your post and the sample. Based on post we simply ignore V1, as variant

image.png

In sample V104 is transformed to 4 and V162 to 162, the logic of that is not clear. Could you please sync and define the logic in more formal way.

@Sergei Baklan 

Apologies for the confusion. But you nailed it!

I was able to use that formula and just drag it down the entire column.

Thanks a million! :) 

@Ultra_Tech , you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ultra_Tech (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ultra_Tech 

There is different logic in your post and the sample. Based on post we simply ignore V1, as variant

image.png

In sample V104 is transformed to 4 and V162 to 162, the logic of that is not clear. Could you please sync and define the logic in more formal way.

View solution in original post