How to add new price in excel without affecting the previous sales?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I want you all to assist me with something in Excel, please.

I have a spreadsheet for my products, those products change costs from the manufacturers on a regular basis and if it happened I will have to change my sales price as well, please how can I make it dynamic.

Already I have a separate sheet for all the product prices, all I want is to just be able to return the current changed prices without affecting my previous sales.

I want if any of my product prices changed it should only be effective on the current sales, not the formal. Kindly help.

Thank you. I wish to hear from you all.

1 Reply

@Omeiz950 

Maybe you should keep the history price in the transactions ,  I mean each sales records should contain the sales price also. because the price is not designed to calculate the history sale. It is just a property of the items.  All your sales info include the price for the transaction should  be recorded in the transaction table. in addition , the price can be original price, customer pay price, merchant income price, platform subsidy price ,etc.  all of them should be recorded in each transaction data, or you would miss something