How to add a series to a chart

Copper Contributor

Good day, my names are Lenise Nkwain, currently a student at CUNY, CCNY. I tried drawing charts with your app, but I can't figure out how to add a data series to an already existing chart. (I use a mac) Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks.

4 Replies

@lennk1055 

Can you post a copy of the spreadsheet in which you're trying to do this, describing which data series it is that you want to add?

So basically, the chart I already have has only my first 3 x and y values, what i would like to do is add another line represeting the last 3 x and y values(highlighted) on the same chart.So basically, the chart I already have has only my first 3 x and y values, what i would like to do is add another line represeting the last 3 x and y values(highlighted) on the same chart.This is a sample of how i want my end work to look like, so I could use the peak values(the added imaginary lines) for my calculationsThis is a sample of how i want my end work to look like, so I could use the peak values(the added imaginary lines) for my calculations

@lennk1055 

Just for the record, that's an image of the spreadsheet and graph, not a copy of the spreadsheet.

I don't use graphs very often, so I'm working from memory here, supplemented by a bit of computer experience.....my recollection is that you can right click on a graph and get some dialog boxes that enable you to change the data ranges that are incorporated into the graph. Have you tried that?

There are people here who can just tell you these things from a vast amount of experience specifically with graphs. My experience is more with computers, with Excel and other products. And my rule of thumb is this: if you make a backup copy in particular, don't be afraid to poke around, try things, because "If you think it should be possible to do X, it is possible to do X." The challenge is simply to find the menu item that accomplishes it. But don't worry; you can't break things with your poking around, and you might actually find it on your own.

So let me encourage you to do that. And if it doesn't work for you, please post the actual spreadsheet, not just an image of it.

Thank you!@mathetes