SOLVED

How should this formula be put together? I need to countif & divide sum+sum on condition in header

Copper Contributor

How should this formula be put together?

I have the following formula that I need help with, I need it to count cells with a 1 then divide by the cells with a 1 + cells with a 0 & that works but now I need it to only do it if the $B$1:$GY$1 have "*Monday*" in the cell & then for the rest of the days of the week. I just can't figure out how to make it all contingent on it have is the day of the week in the header cells?

=IFERROR(COUNTIF($B$2:$GY$2,1)/(COUNTIF($B$2:$GY$2,1)+COUNTIF($B$2:$GY$2,0)),NA())

Where should I add this in & how should it be worked? $B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*"

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DanW1648 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I'm not sure if the MONDAY condition is only on the numerator or all cases but basically you should be able to use COUNTIFS()
=IFERROR(COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,1,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")/(COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,1,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")+COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,0,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")),NA())
Thank you, I was trying that but I was missing the ) after the "*Monday*", Thank you again, it works perfectly now.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DanW1648 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I'm not sure if the MONDAY condition is only on the numerator or all cases but basically you should be able to use COUNTIFS()
=IFERROR(COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,1,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")/(COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,1,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")+COUNTIFS($B$2:$GY$2,0,$B$1:$GY$1,"*Monday*")),NA())

View solution in original post