SOLVED

How do I put multiple clickable cells on top of an image? and can I draw the shape of the cells?

Copper Contributor

I want to be able to make sections of an image clickable to change the cell colour.

I can see how to insert an image in a cell, but I need the image to be across multiple cells: each of which can be clicked to change the cell colour.

what I'm trying to create is a nursing chart with a picture of the human body, where you can click a section of the body, say upper arm or shoulder, and that part is highlighted, to show where medication is to be applied.

It has to be as simple as point and click for the end user as they're not trained in Excel (nor am I, but I'm tech savvy)

Can you draw the shape of a cell? obviously I can resize them, but do they have to be rectilinear?

Can I draw a cell over a lower arm and another over the hand? etc

Excel might not be the best program for this, but it has to be used as other sections of the form need to do sequential dates etc (that bit's easy)

I saw a VBA script that will change a cell colour by double clicking it, revert by right clicking which is Ideal.

So far the only solution I can think of is laborious:  to deconstruct the image into constituent parts, then put them individually into cells.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Nic.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by nic-nicol (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nic-nicol 

Have had some success on this with help from several folk here, the progress can be seen on this thread...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/trying-to-toggle-colour-of-shapes-on-mouse-click/m-p/20...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nic-nicol (Copper Contributor)