How do I pull an entire row from another sheet?

Copper Contributor

Hello! I am trying to set up a criteria for research program. When we establish that a person is eligible in one sheet, I want to pull their entire row of data to populate our master sheet of who to approach for the program. 

I tried the following, but it did not return anything: IF(Sheet1!O:O="Eligible", ???, "")

What instructions would I give it to pull the data of an eligible person? Thanks for the help!

2 Replies

@RenaldoMun170 

Is this what you want to do? In the attached file in the master sheet you can click cell M1 and all datasets from sheet1 are filtered if "Eligible" is in column B of sheet1. If you click the button in cell M1 you start a macro for the advanced filter.

If you work with Office365 or 2021 there is the additional possibilty of the FILTER function. All datasets with "Eligible" in column B would be selected without having to click cell M1.

@OliverScheurich Yes! Thank you so much! Once I knew what to look for (Filter Function) I was able to search it and get a guide on how to write the function to do what I need. Thank you so much for your help and guidance.