SOLVED

how do I keep selected rows together when printing?

Copper Contributor

I have a long document and I have pairs of rows that need to stay together on one page but Excel breaks them up. How do I keep them together? Word has a command that does that to selected rows but I can't find anything in Excel. Any help is appreciated.

9 Replies
best response confirmed by David_Orr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@David_Orr 

Switch to Page Break Preview.

Working from the top down, if you see a row just above a page break that should be kept with the next row, right-click any cell in that row and select Insert Page Break from the context menu.

Thanks, Hans! Your assistance is very much appreciated.

@Hans Vogelaar 

This is rather a manual approach.  Isn't there a way to do this automatically, so that I don't have to remove and re-add page breaks if I insert a row somewhere?

@Hadiedo 

It might be possible to create a macro for this if there was a clear and specific rule for which rows have to stay on the same page.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thanks Hans, I was just hoping for a method similar to Word: select the rows and choose "keep rows together".

@Hadiedo 

I'm afraid that Excel does not have a similar feature.

I have a grocery list I am working on that is 14 pages long, many items are not required. I did edit column a under conditional formatting for any number greater than 0 to be highlighted and bolded. Is there a formula that excel can select rows greater than 0 in column a ?

for printing only what I want to look for in store.

example of page JPG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13eGiuE65O6HTT2ajzd39to69Td2XYoO-/view?usp=sharing 

Excel File:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xvlYl2DmExApBcFTIa7ENpQqJ9Pn3m-a/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10930...

I fell I am close to figuring it out but stuck on this usually print 15 pages

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thank You

@David_Orr 

@captdave1961 

Do you have Microsoft 365 or Office 2021, or do you use Excel Online? If so, you can use the FILTER function.

On another sheet:

=IF(FILTER(Sheet1!A11:G523,(Sheet1!A11:A523>0)*(Sheet1!A11:A523<>" "),"")="","",FILTER(Sheet1!A11:G523,(Sheet1!A11:A523>0)*(Sheet1!A11:A523<>" "),""))

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David_Orr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@David_Orr 

Switch to Page Break Preview.

Working from the top down, if you see a row just above a page break that should be kept with the next row, right-click any cell in that row and select Insert Page Break from the context menu.

View solution in original post