How Do I Enter This Formula To Get A %?

Brass Contributor

Sorry, I tried replying in a previous post I made with something similar but wasn't able to post it. I'm assuming I have to create a new topic.

I'm back with a similar issue for a formula that I hope someone can help me with.

I'm trying to to track a % on a dialy basis.

I think I need to have the formula add up each cell for each day (total credit card sales)...

...then add up each cell for each day (total sales)...

..then divide the total credit card sales by total sales to give me the total credit card % for that day. Doing this for one day is easy and works fine. But when I try to select the remaining days of the week (Tue-Sun) I run into issues and don't know how to create the right formula to do this.

So how would I type this formula?

I tried using the following formula but this gave me the wrong result as it's adding up everything I think...

=IFERROR(L30+S30+Z30+AG30+AN30+AU30+BB30/(I30+P30+W30+AD30+AK30+AR30+AY30),0)

P.S. It is extremely difficult to post in this forum. I always get weird errors in purple saying "Post flooding detected..." and I can't post without spending 10 minutes trying to do this. It's the most bizarre format for a forum I've ever used. Just strange...

3 Replies

@Nickerz_2020 Difficult to visualise your actual schedule, but the formula you provided is adding up all values L30 through AU30 and then adds B30 divided by the total of the cells within the brackets.

If you want to add up the first 7 cells and divide the total by that of the other 7, you need to add a set of brackets. Try this:

=IFERROR((L30+S30+Z30+AG30+AN30+AU30+BB30)/(I30+P30+W30+AD30+AK30+AR30+AY30),0)

Yes, that worked! Thank you very much sir!