How can you use VBA to clear Global Permissions in Power Query

Copper Contributor

How can you use VBA to reset Data source settings Under Menu Data > Get Data > Data Source Settings where my worksheet has a Data source under the radio button 'Global Permissions' ?

by Clicking the "Clear Permissions" button and selecting "Clear All permissions" this will clear out all power query URL references. But, how can this be done in VBA ?

with VBA I can clear data sources that are 'in current workbook' (using code below) but this will not work with the "Global Permissions". 

Sub RemoveConnections()

For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Connections.Count

If ActiveWorkbook.Connections.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub ActiveWorkbook.Connections.Item(i).Delete i = i - 1

Next i

End Sub

2 Replies
Do you have a sample workbook you can share? The workbook can be mostly empty, I just need one of those permissions to be in there.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

I don't know if this will help much, it seems setting for Global Permissions is outside of the workbook and a setting on the computer (example my global permission is my log in to sharepoint site). May require access a .DLL office API since their is no connection directly saved in the workbook.