SOLVED

How can I show percentage change in a clustered bar chart?

Copper Contributor

Hell, I have a graph showing the sales change from one period to the other (1qtr 2021 to 2 qtr 2021) and I would like to sisplay the percenatge change from one period to the other. 

For example for "Car 1" the sales wnt down 12% (-12%). For Van 3, it went up 48%. 

Is there a way to show this in the bar chart?

Captura de tela 2021-07-27 154025.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by elisape (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@elisape Select the series for which you want to change the data label. Double-click it to open the "Format Data Labels" window. Now select "Value From Cells" (see picture below; made on a Mac, but similar on PC).

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 06.16.35.png

Then point the range to the list of percentages. If you want to have both the value and the percent change in the label, select both Value From Cells and Values. This will create a label like:

-12% 1.729.711

Perhaps not the most elegant, so if you would want it like:

-12%

you need to create a range with the texts how you want to see them in the label. This is demonstrated in the attached file where the label (column D) is a text, based on the value in column C & a linefeed (i.e. alt-Enter) & the percentage calculation.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 06.50.07.png

It worked perfectly :)
Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by elisape (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@elisape Select the series for which you want to change the data label. Double-click it to open the "Format Data Labels" window. Now select "Value From Cells" (see picture below; made on a Mac, but similar on PC).

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 06.16.35.png

Then point the range to the list of percentages. If you want to have both the value and the percent change in the label, select both Value From Cells and Values. This will create a label like:

-12% 1.729.711

Perhaps not the most elegant, so if you would want it like:

-12%

you need to create a range with the texts how you want to see them in the label. This is demonstrated in the attached file where the label (column D) is a text, based on the value in column C & a linefeed (i.e. alt-Enter) & the percentage calculation.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 06.50.07.png

View solution in original post