how can I save each row individually with their column info?

Copper Contributor

I have training data with names in rows and type of training in columns. I am entering the date completed in each cell. My end goal is to breakout each person with their specific training record so that I can load the info into a QR card for quick access in the field

2 Replies

@Jo_anneA 

I have training data with names in rows and type of training in columns. I am entering the date completed in each cell. My end goal is to breakout each person with their specific training record so that I can load the info into a QR card for quick access in the field

...and...?

It's not quite clear what you're asking or seeking from the forum. For example:

• a VLOOKUP would suffice to look up the records of each person on a separate "dashboard" screen, one at a time
  • linking your data to Word in a MailMerge routine would enable you to print the data neatly, formatted however you wish (not sure whether MailMerge can be connected with generation of a QR code, but....)

Are you asking how to generate that QR code? That's not actually an Excel question, although, yes, there may well be people here who've done it.

I will try the mail merge suggestion. I am an old school user, been away from Office for a long time. QR code generator is a separate issue for me, but I like the neat formatting, that's how I want it to look when it's scanned. Thank you!