SOLVED

How can i resolve this problem?

Copper Contributor

Sorry I don't know English (but I'll try). I have a problem with one calculation. Specifically: the same numbers, but the same function, but the result is different in both equivalent calculations. If only I knew what the correct function must be to get the right result (and it's the same number in both identical operations). Sending file (Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013). What's wrong? Can you tell me what's wrong and maybe send me back the right formula.

(In Estonian:   Ühes arvutuses on minul probleem. Täpsemalt: samad arvud, sama funktsioon aga tulemus on mõlemas samaväärses arvutuses erinev. Kui ma vaid teaks, milline peab olema õige funktsioon, et saada õige tulemus (ja see on sama arv mõlemas ühesuguses tehtes). Saadan faili (Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013). Milles on viga? Kas ütlete, milles on viga ja ehk saadate minule tagasi õige valemi.)

6 Replies

@MarekKoppel 

Using of  "@" means to return intersection of the B5:B6 with current row. Thus it returns 18 if the formula is in any cell in row #5, 26 for row #6 and error for any other row.

image.png

Thus =@$B$5:$B$6 in 5th row is equivalent of =B5, etc.

Not sure what you'd like to calculate, thus don't suggest any formula.

@Sergei Baklan 

Thanks for helping! I'm learning Excel and I already know it a bit. I am currently using the same operation on different samples:

=((B$5:$B$6)*20)+$B$7 

=((B5: B6)*20)+B7)

=SUM(($B$5:$B$6)*20)+$B$7

=SUM((B5: B6)*20)+B7

But different cells always have different values. But I always use the same bill.

(Sorry for my bad English!)

best response confirmed by MarekKoppel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarekKoppel 

Result also depends on version of Excel. IMHO, most correct formula will be

=20*SUM($B$5:$B$6)+$B$7

@Sergei Baklan 

Your form is working! Thanks to You, I can progress in learning Excel. My young children are now happy (I constantly communicate with them about my various jobs). I'm not saying You're a professional. Just say I'm very stupid in Excel. Thank You (and the other people who support me in my studies)!

@MarekKoppel , you are welcome. Each of us do first steps in this or that area, that's normal.

@Sergei Baklan 

I studied, researched, tried, made a mistake, looked at your formula, tried again and - thanks to You, I have the right answer at this level of study. The most correct operation is =(20*(SUM($B$5:$B$6)+$B$7)). I will send the best solution in the file “Thanks.xlsx". In addition to Your help, I was supported by my eight-year-old son. Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MarekKoppel (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@MarekKoppel 

Result also depends on version of Excel. IMHO, most correct formula will be

=20*SUM($B$5:$B$6)+$B$7

View solution in original post