How Can I Link Multiple Workbooks

Copper Contributor

Dear All Experts,

I am new to Excel, My boss asked to resolve one query, I have 3 workbooks each workbooks contain 6 worksheets, Let's assume, I have Company_1.xlsx then Company_2.xlsx & Company_3.xlsx now each company has 10 worksheet with one summary sheet, now what I want is to make one more excel workbook or Master workbook where, there should be 4 worksheets, summary sheet of every company and one sheet has summary of all summarize, I also want that when I make any changes in any of row or column in company_worksheets then the master files should be changed too...

Kindly Help

Regards,

Arif

3 Replies

@maryamarif 

It looks like job for Power Query - you may query all 3 workbooks, make transformations, load to master and make any cosmetic on the top.

With links it won't be reliable, any change in data layout could break them. But it all depends on how concrete data is structured.

I really appreciate sir, thank you so much for reply, But would you please tell me, how can I do this in Excel, and also I want my data should be syncing with other workbooks

Regards,
Arif

@maryamarif 

That's too abstract, sorry. Everything in Excel could be done by few different ways, which one to use depends on concrete data.

If to start with Power Query you may check this template form File->New

image.png