SOLVED

Hoping someone can help with a conditional formatting issues

Copper Contributor

I am using multiple conditions and can get the formatting to work for the first week, then quits working.  Sure there is something simple, but it has me stumped. 

you will see I am trying to highlight in blue the days there is supposed to be service and in bright green the days service is not documented..  The yellow is just to identify today.  You will see the formatting works for the first week and then breaks down.  

10 Replies
With your permission, if I can recommend you, explain your problem in detail. So you can get a solution proposal to your problem much faster.
At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.
A win-win situation for everyone.
It is also helpful to know the operating system and Office version, as different approaches may be required depending on the Office version and OS.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
Thanks for responding. my systems is Windows 10 Home, Version 2004. Using Microsoft 365, Version 2105 (hope that is what you need).
I am attempting to identify the days that there is not a report on a service visit. The blue fill identifies all days between the "Service Start" and "Estimated End", however service is not required on all days and I am attempting to identify the days between "Start" and "End" that service is required and then identify those days that a report is not attached.
My problem is when I add the condition that identifies the day of the week (G3="x").
Let me know if I need to explain further.

@HRGuru55 

Please insert a file and explain of basis this file your problem in detail.

The blue fill identifies all days between the "Service Start" and "Estimated End"??

I dont see any file.

Excuse me, but I still don't understand what you're trying to do?
On the basis of the file sent, could you please explain what exactly is your plan?

Need a little more time to understand, that's why I know that I don't know anything :))
best response confirmed by HRGuru55 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HRGuru55 

You check if weekday is marked as G3="x".  When conditional formatting scans cells and go to the right it checks G3, H3,.. and for second week N3, O3, etc where is no any "x". You have to cycle weekdays check. As example I change the formula for the green on

=AND(P$2>=$F3,P$2<$N3,OFFSET($G3,0,WEEKDAY(P$2,2)-1)="x",ISBLANK(P3))

using OFFSET() for such check. Result is

image.png

Other rules shall be adjusted accordingly.

thank you, that was what I needed.
Sorry for being unclear......fortunately Sergei was able to provide me with the solution.
Now that I see Mr. Baklan's formula, I understand what you were looking for.
Experience shows the difference :)).
I am pleased that you have been offered a proposed solution by Mr. Baklan that fits exactly to your project.
I hope you continue to enjoy Excel.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HRGuru55 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HRGuru55 

You check if weekday is marked as G3="x".  When conditional formatting scans cells and go to the right it checks G3, H3,.. and for second week N3, O3, etc where is no any "x". You have to cycle weekdays check. As example I change the formula for the green on

=AND(P$2>=$F3,P$2<$N3,OFFSET($G3,0,WEEKDAY(P$2,2)-1)="x",ISBLANK(P3))

using OFFSET() for such check. Result is

image.png

Other rules shall be adjusted accordingly.

View solution in original post