Highlighting Certain Words

Copper Contributor

I'm very new to excel and I need a little help. I've created this table that tracks infections in the facility that I work in. I'm trying to get excel to map the data for me. I cant quite figure out a formula or what conditional highlighting to use. I have attached a screenshot of my infection control log along with the sheet of the map that I am trying to create. 

7 Replies
What exactly is your need? I could not understand it.
What words do you want to highlight?
I’m trying to pull the information from the first chart, the “infection control log” over to the chart which is basically a floor plan of the facility. So I want to be able to highlight if room 529 had a uti, then I want UTI highlighted in yellow. If room 501 had a skin infection, I want it highlighted in pink.

I guess I understood and I have some ideas on how to assist you.
To be more practical, is possible you just provide some sample like the data of your screenshots?

@Juliano-Petrukio 

I'm attaching some screenshots where I have gone in and highlighted it myself. I can continue to do it manually but I was really looking for a formula to do it faster. 

I'm pulling the data from the room # column and the site column 

I've pulled this data already in chart form. Using the countifs formula. The exact formula I used was =COUNTIFS(Hall, "100", site1, "UTI", Hall, "<>*"). It would just be very helpful to have it in a map.

@LaurenMcDonald Could you upload relevant parts of the workbook, including the formulae that you already created? Screenshots aren't very helpful in this case. Make sure to remove/replace any private or confidential information.

@LaurenMcDonald 

Your mapping dataset has duplicate room numbers, either they're in [Room#]-A/B or ?