highlight values which summed are equal to a predefined data

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have this problem and a solution would help me a lot by saving time.

pls look at below example

sheet 1:                                            

namereceivedorder nr
ana20aaa
ana12bbb
ana10ccc
david10ddd
david11eee
david12fff
david12ggg

shhet 2:

nametotal
ana32
david24

I need a function that can highlight the values in sheet 1 which summed are equal to the values in sheet 2.

thank you 

5 Replies
In your picture, for example, you cannot see where the words "Ana, David, etc." takes the value.
It is not clear what your plan is.
With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. You could get a precise solution much faster with a file (w/out sensitive data). This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Wish you a nice day.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE , I really am grateful to your reply and suggestions, but I still think that putting the files up here won't make any difference.

pls see my problem like this

I have a sum of 32 $ ( the number in sheet 2 ) and I need to close to Ana only the orders ( sheet 1 ) which summed are 32

how can I highlight the orders that will close that number in the second sheet, for every entity ana, david,....etc?

For me it would have made a lot of sense to have a file to understand what exactly you want. please also understand that we as humans do not understand everything. As in your case, I unfortunately can't understand how you get 32 when you add 42 to Ana. Anyway I can't help you without a file. Perhaps one of the professionals will contact you here, who certainly know more than an ignorant person like it is, and give you the desired solution.

Wish you a nice day.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@livius81 

The main problem would appear to be knowing what to highlight; the formatting is the trivial part!

image.png

thanks a lot Peter, this is what I need. :)