SOLVED

Highlight a specific cell based on data in other Cells

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a spreadsheet to highlight cells in A2 based on text of Yes or No (drop down box), based on all cells C2:K2. I have ready many articles and websites with many formulas to try, but they all are based on text in one cell.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by John7124 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@John7124 

You may create New Rules for conditional formatting using the formulas given below for each scenario and set the format as per your choice.

For all the Yes in the Range C2:K2:

=COUNTIF($C2:$K2,"Yes")=COLUMNS($C2:$K2)

If any cell in the Range C2:K2 does not contains a Yes in it:

=COUNTIF($C2:$K2,"Yes")<>COLUMNS($C2:$K2)

@John7124 

With your permission, if I can recommend you, add a file (without sensitive data) to your project.

Explain your plans in relation to this file. So you can get a solution that is tailored to your needs much faster.

At the same time, it is much easier for someone who wants to help to understand the subject.

A win-win situation for everyone.

Please no Picture, even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not always in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Finally, please consider why does one of the helpers still have to prepare the file with your request?

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

This worked thank you.

You're welcome @John7124! Glad it worked as desired.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John7124 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@John7124 

You may create New Rules for conditional formatting using the formulas given below for each scenario and set the format as per your choice.

For all the Yes in the Range C2:K2:

=COUNTIF($C2:$K2,"Yes")=COLUMNS($C2:$K2)

If any cell in the Range C2:K2 does not contains a Yes in it:

=COUNTIF($C2:$K2,"Yes")<>COLUMNS($C2:$K2)

View solution in original post