Hiding Columns

Copper Contributor

I followed the instructions (Video) for hiding columns.  There is no "Hide" choice in the drop down panel when I right click and when I use Hide in the View section of the tool bar, the whole document is hidden.  Even when the selected columns are highlighted.  What am I supposed to do?

2 Replies

@Kata959 

To hide columns in Excel, you can select one or more columns by clicking on the letter above the column you want to hide.

Then, right-click the selected column(s) and click "Hide" on the menu.

If you want to hide multiple columns at once, just click and drag your cursor over the column letters you want to hide.

You can also select multiple non-adjacent columns by holding down Ctrl as you click each column letter.

If you're still having trouble hiding columns, it might be helpful to check if your version of Excel is up-to-date or if there are any add-ins that might be interfering with this function.

At the end I recommend putting more information in your post in case you need additional help. Information about your Excel version, operating system, storage medium, etc.. Preferably with photos and a step-by-step description of the problem.

Thank you NikolinoDE! I will try your suggestions and definitely keep in mind your suggestions!

Thanks again!

Kata959