SOLVED

Hiding a column in table

Copper Contributor

Excel 365. Is it possible to hide a column in a table without having to hide the entire column in the sheet.

6 Replies

@JARAllie 

Hi

Not quite sure what you mean?

You can hide the column in the table using the standard hide command.

Not sure what you mean by " without having to hide the entire column in the sheet."

Can you clarify please?

thanks

Peter

@peteryac60  See the picture attached. Marked in Red is the table. I only want to hide the columns % of max amount, Avg rate and Calc factor in the Table which is named "Bidders". I do not want to delete the entire columns D, E and F as I would lose text, formulas that is outside the Table. You can delete Table columns however I have not been able to find out if you can Hide Table Columns

@JARAllie 

Hi

You can hide columns by selecting the columns you want (D-F) right click and choose the hide option.

It looks to me that's rows 1-2 had headings and some of these are in merged cells? That might cause you a problem - you can unmerge and then hide your columns. That might help?

If this is not the solution you need - you can  attach the spreadsheet (or part of it) and  I can have a look.

let me know.

Peter.

@peteryac60  Rows 1 and 2 are not part of the Table. The header row for the table is Row 3 (A3:H3). I want to hide the Range D3:F4, not the entire Columns D:F which would remove some of the text that is above the table.

best response confirmed by JARAllie (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JARAllie 

Yeah I surmised that rows 1-2 were not part of the table.

You can't hide part of a column - you have to hide the whole column. if you do, you will need to then deal with the headings in rows 1-2 by moving them to the left so that they do not get hidden.

So if you put the headings in cell(1,1) and then hide the columns the headings should still be ok.

hope that resolves it for you.

Peter

I'll do that for now then explore doing it with slicer
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JARAllie (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JARAllie 

Yeah I surmised that rows 1-2 were not part of the table.

You can't hide part of a column - you have to hide the whole column. if you do, you will need to then deal with the headings in rows 1-2 by moving them to the left so that they do not get hidden.

So if you put the headings in cell(1,1) and then hide the columns the headings should still be ok.

hope that resolves it for you.

Peter

View solution in original post