Hide "Display Settings" in excel 2019

Copper Contributor
Hi there Is there any way to hide "Display Settings" on status bar in excel 2019?

P.s. (I'm using extended displays and couse I have "DS")

3 Replies

@TechnoBoy_G 

Open the Visual Basic Editor by pressing the key combination Alt + F11.

The Excel objects of all open workbooks are displayed in the Project Explorer of the Visual Basic Editor. If the Project Explorer is not visible, you can display it with the key combination Ctrl + R.

You can select a module sheet in the project explorer. In the Project Explorer, double-click the name of the appropriate module sheet. The module sheet is then activated and you can insert the code of the macros here.

If you have inserted the code in a module, you can exit the Visual Basic Editor again by pressing the key combination Alt + Q. Alternatively, you can execute the command sequence File> Close and Return to Microsoft Excel in the menu.

Here's how to start the macro and hide the status bar

In order to hide the status bar you have to start the macro Status bar hide. Press the key combination Alt + F8 to open the Macro dialog box. Click here with the left mouse button on the Status bar_Hide macro and then on the Execute button on the right.

-------------------------------------------

Copy this VBA Code into the module:

Option Explicit

Sub Hide_niko_bar ()

Application.DisplayStatusBar = False

End Sub

Sub Show_lino_bar ()

Application.DisplayStatusBar = True

End Sub

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Hi Nikolino,
Thank you for replay. I want to hide "Display Settings" on status bar without hiding status bar. I'm using status bar for another features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqpeLi44N-0

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)