Hidden Sheets

Copper Contributor

Hi all, for some reason my sheets are hidden by default. Every time I open a new excel all sheets are hidden. So I need to manually show the sheets. How do I set to have the sheets visible as default. 

I have my excel for mac 365.

5 Replies

@mmatte77 

Hide or Unhide worksheets

Hide or unhide a worksheet

1. Select the worksheets that you want to hide.

How to select worksheets

To selectDo this

A single sheet

Click the sheet tab.

If you don't see the tab that you want, click the scrolling buttons to the left of the sheet tabs to display the tab, and then click the tab.

Two or more adjacent sheets

Click the tab for the first sheet. Then hold down Shift while you click the tab for the last sheet that you want to select.

Two or more nonadjacent sheets

Click the tab for the first sheet. Then hold down Command while you click the tabs of the other sheets that you want to select.

All sheets in a workbook

Right-click a sheet tab, and then click Select All Sheets on the shortcut menu.

2. On the Home tab, click Format > under Visibility > Hide & Unhide > Hide Sheet.

3. To unhide worksheets, follow the same steps, but select Unhide. The Unhide dialog box displays a list of hidden sheets, so select the ones you want to unhide and then select OK.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

That does not work, since once I close the excel and open a new one the problem is still there. I need to fix it forever.

@mmatte77 

Even if I don't have any special knowledge of Macs, I always recommend updating in advance. Update the operating system and Office.

As unbelievable as it sounds, I hear very often that this cancels out many of the problems with Mac.

Update Office for Mac automatically

Check for updates and install

Update macOS and its apps
Select "System Preferences" from the Apple menu () in the corner of the screen. Click on "Software Update". If updates or upgrades are available, click Update Now or Upgrade Now to install them.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

Uunfortunately it is already updated and the error remain.  @NikolinoDE 

@mmatte77 

Hide the Excel workbook catalog when opening Excel

On the Excel menu, click Settings.

Under Authoring, click General "General" button in Settings.

Select the Open workbook catalog when opening Excel check box.

The next time you open Excel, a workbook with the worksheets will open.

Customize how Excel starts in Excel for Mac

Hope I can help you with this information

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino