SOLVED

Help with lookup formula

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've fairly new to Excel so excuse me if I don't explain things correctly.  I have an Excel file in a folder under My Documents on my computer (Windows 10).  I have another Excel file where I want a cell to look up the contents of a cell in that other file and display it.  I've been trying to figure out how to do this and I'm having trouble.

Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Thank you!

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Karen7459 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Karen7459 

If you mean to link the cells, open both files, in the target cell of one file start typing = when click on source cell in another file. After that you may close this file.

@Sergei Baklan   Wow!  That was so easy and here I am wracking my brain thinking it is this complex formula! 

Thank you so much! :)

Hi @Sergei, maybe you can assist me with my formula. I have 2 sheets and this is my syntax:look up data in sheet 1 column A Sheet 2; relating to data in column B of sheet 1; same data in sheet 1 column c with the value in column J in sheet 2
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Karen7459 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Karen7459 

If you mean to link the cells, open both files, in the target cell of one file start typing = when click on source cell in another file. After that you may close this file.

View solution in original post