Help with GETPIVOTDATA and Dynamic Dashboard

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I need some help with the GETPIVOTDATA function and setting up an interactive dashboard. 

I have a PivotTable that shows the grade percentage for each student in a certain class. On my dashboard, I want to split the students up by class. Unfortunately, I do not know how I should display the information. Should I have a column that contains all of the percentages for all of the students under each class and then enable the user to filter the student they're searching for? I know I can do this with a splicer or the manual filter, but I feel as though that will not work so well when the list contains a hundred students. Is there a way to search the splicers?

Also, if you have another suggestions as to how I could display this information, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Anthony

3 Replies

Hi Anthony,

If with slicers you may do cascading set of them, e.g. one slicer filters by first letter of the name (A, B, C...), second slicer is with names itself.

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for the quick response. I did not realize that slicers had a cascading ability. Thank you for the info. The only thing in concerned about is if someone were to select more than one person, would it affect other areas on my dashboard? I only want them to be able to select at most 5.

Anthony,

Afraid I didn't catch what you'd like to do exactly.

Slicers are connected to your tables/pivot tables/pivot charts. You may connect the slicer to only one such object or to few ones - if all of them are on same data source.

If you mean to select only up to 5 elements by slicer and not more - nope, that doesn't work.