SOLVED

Help with formaulas

Copper Contributor

Hello my fellow Excel community, I am in a pickle and need some help, please. I am a student at Front Range Community College, and my assignment is excel module 3 Performing calculations with formals and functions. I need help with a couple of things. I will attach a screenshot of the steps that I am struggling with. 2023-03-02.png2023-03-02 (1).png

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Leeanna91 Without doing the assignment for you I can help you on your way with number 4. The others are quite similar.

You're not allowed to use functions like PRODUCT or SUM, so you're limited to the operators like *,  /, + and - . You wouldn't want to use functions anyway for such basic calculations.

So, that formula would be:

=B7*B6+B7

Now, the instruction says to make the row in B6 absolute. Absolute references are made by putting $ signs in front of the column or row reference or both. It will fix the reference so that it doesn't change when copying and pasting the formula. For instance, $B$6 will fix both the column and the row. In your case, you need to use B$6 to fix just the row.

You are my life saver thank you so much!!, I was working on my assignment, and I did figure out the first part of the formula, but then I could not figure out the second part. So then, I came back here hoping for someone's help. I appreciate you taking the time to help me; I hope you have a fantastic evening, sir. God Bless
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Hans Vogelaar (MVP)
Solution

@Leeanna91 Without doing the assignment for you I can help you on your way with number 4. The others are quite similar.

You're not allowed to use functions like PRODUCT or SUM, so you're limited to the operators like *,  /, + and - . You wouldn't want to use functions anyway for such basic calculations.

So, that formula would be:

=B7*B6+B7

Now, the instruction says to make the row in B6 absolute. Absolute references are made by putting $ signs in front of the column or row reference or both. It will fix the reference so that it doesn't change when copying and pasting the formula. For instance, $B$6 will fix both the column and the row. In your case, you need to use B$6 to fix just the row.

View solution in original post