SOLVED

Help with Excel

Iron Contributor

Hi ,

Is it possible to design one printable payslip template that will link to the Salary Data Sheet and when you hit the print button, it prints all the information from the Salary Data as long as it has data. i.e. The Salary Data sheet has all the needed information that should appear in each and every person's slip. However, I do not want to design a payslip for each and every row on the Salary Data.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

@A_SIRAT 

It's possible to write a VBA macro -- I did it once about 18 years ago -- to run through a database like that and fill in the second sheet (using VLOOKUP for the specific lines.

HOWEVER, you might find using the Excel database with Microsoft Word's Mail Merge capability to be even better. I know that's what I'd do if I were in your place. You don't need to write any code to do this; just link the Excel sheet with a Word mail merge template. In fact, with Mail Merge you can add individual messages automatically when, for example, some employee has met (or failed to meet) a minimum (or maximum) number of hours, or whatever. 

best response confirmed by A_SIRAT (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thank you Mathetes.

I find the Mail merge solution better as you said.Appreciated.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by A_SIRAT (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thank you Mathetes.

I find the Mail merge solution better as you said.Appreciated.

View solution in original post