Help with corrupted spreadsheet, I pay $30 to whoever can get it

Copper Contributor

Help with corrupted spreadsheet, I pay $30 to whoever can get it

1 Reply

@scarpany 

Repairing a corrupted workbook

When you open a workbook that has been corrupted, Excel automatically starts File Recovery mode and attempts to reopen and simultaneously repair the workbook.

Excel cannot always start File Recovery mode automatically. 

You will find some more infos in the upper Link.

If you have enabled the automatic backup feature of an Excel file, you can easily restore the workbook from the backup if the file is accidentally deleted or corrupted. I assume you have already tried this.

Since there could be many possibilities for error, here are some to try.

Restore Excel file from backup copy
If you have enabled the auto backup feature of an Excel file, you can easily restore the workbook from backup if the file is accidentally deleted or corrupted. Here is a brief guide on how to enable the auto backup feature of an Excel workbook.

1. Open the Excel file that you want to save a backup copy of.
2. Click the File tab and select Save As.
3. Click Computer and then click Browse.
4. In the pop-up Save As dialog, you can click the drop-down icon next to the Tools button and choose General Options.
5. In the pop-up dialog, check Always create backup and click OK.

...or repair with Open and Repair

Open the Microsoft Excel application or create a new Excel file and open it.
Click the File tab, then click Open -> Browse in Excel.
In the pop-up window, you can go to the location or directory that contains the corrupt Excel file.
Select the corrupted workbook. Click the drop-down icon next to the Open button and select the Open and Repair option.
Click Repair to repair the workbook. If Repair fails to fix the file, you can choose Extract Data to extract values and formulas from Excel workbook.

...or repair with CHKDSK
Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the elevated command prompt.
Then enter the command chkdsk <drive letter:> /f /r e.g. B. chkdsk i: /f /r and press Enter. Let CHKDSK scan the hard drive to fix possible errors and mark bad sectors.

If the information and instructions for the repair helped you, you can donate  the amount :)

Here is a children's facility where you could donate, or wherever you wish.

Hope I could help you with these information / link.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)