SOLVED

Help to update Macro to save CSV file with month and year in file name

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

Each month i have some data i need to upload, so save this as a CSV using a macro. I am hoping to have the file name updated to match the Month and year listed in cells C2 & C3 of my spreadsheet.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to assist with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Callum

5 Replies
best response confirmed by calof1 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@calof1 

Change the line

destinationSheet.SaveAs Filename:=saveToLocation & "\csvfile.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False

to

destinationSheet.SaveAs Filename:=saveToLocation & "\" & Format(Date, "mmmm yyyy") & ".csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False

Hi Hans,

Thanks a lot for your help with this, it works exactly as I was hoping for. This is very much appreciated.

I have also noticed the macro includes the entire sheet. If I wish for it start from Row 2 (to exclude the line showing the file path), would this possible?

Many thanks

@calof1 

Does it help if you change

sourceStartRow = 2

to

sourceStartRow = 3

Hi @hans,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to update this, however then i get the below error when i run the macro.
Unfortunately i am not sure about this error.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

@calof1 

Change the lines

'Copying data to new sheet
destinationSheet.Range(destinationSheet.Cells(1, sourceStartCol), destinationSheet.Cells(sourceEndRow - sourceStartRow, sourceEndCol)).Value = sourceSheet.Range(sourceSheet.Cells(sourceStartRow, sourceStartCol), sourceSheet.Cells(sourceEndRow, sourceEndCol)).Value

to

'Copying data to new sheet
destinationSheet.Range(destinationSheet.Cells(1, sourceStartCol), destinationSheet.Cells(sourceEndRow - sourceStartRow + 1, sourceEndCol)).Value = sourceSheet.Range(sourceSheet.Cells(sourceStartRow, sourceStartCol), sourceSheet.Cells(sourceEndRow, sourceEndCol)).Value

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by calof1 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@calof1 

Change the line

destinationSheet.SaveAs Filename:=saveToLocation & "\csvfile.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False

to

destinationSheet.SaveAs Filename:=saveToLocation & "\" & Format(Date, "mmmm yyyy") & ".csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False

View solution in original post