Help to find impact of variables on share price

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I am looking to create a template which will be able to review the correlation or impact on factors upon a return of a share. I am looking at returns, and also the fundamentals of a company.

Does anyone have any templates or advice on how to create this?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards,

4 Replies

@calof1 ,

If you are using Office365 version Micorsoft, has a template called "Investment tracker" , this may be a good place to start with. In excel File>New>Serach for online Templates will list the template.

You may not get all the variables you are looking for in this template. But if you know any website that provides  fundamental data , Excel provides a way to refresh your worksheet with the web content.  Please check Data->From Web option in Excel.  

Hi@Kodipady 

Thanks for your message.

I have looked at the spreadsheet, however it appears to not find stocks based in Australia. Do you know if there is a way to change which exchange it view?

Many thanks, 

@calof1 

You can prefix the stock symbol with exchange code ( example XASX:TLS for Telstra or XASX:14D for 1414 degrees ). 

I was able to get few stock details with this method, but  not for some.  If this solution does not work for you, there are  pointers on this link (specifically for Australian market) https://www.aussiestockforums.com/threads/live-feed-for-excel-spreadsheet.8671/ 

Hi@Kodipady 

Thanks for the reply.

I will look at the website and review over the weekend.

Thanks for your help.