Help tab not working

Copper Contributor

I am using Office subscribed through Dell.  My subscription extend through October 15, 2024.
When I select Help/? or Help/ contact support  with any of the modules (word, excel ..etc) I get the dialog box "your organization's administrator turned off the service required to use this feature".
How do I get this turned on?

12 Replies

@grosed 

It sounds like the Help feature is disabled by your organization's administrator, which is preventing you from accessing it.

Here are some steps you can take:

1. Check with your IT department: If you are using Office through a Dell subscription, it's possible that your organization has disabled the Help feature. Check with your IT department to see if they can enable it for you.
  2. Check your Office settings: Go to File > Options > General in any Office application, and make sure that the "Disable Office Help" option is not checked.
  3. Try a different user account: If you have access to a different user account on the same computer, try logging in to that account and see if the Help feature works there. If it does, it could be an issue with your user account settings.
  4. Try repairing or reinstalling Office: If none of the above steps work, you may need to repair or reinstall Office. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features (Windows) or System Preferences > Applications (Mac) and select Office. Choose the option to repair Office, or uninstall and reinstall it.
  5. Contact your organization's IT support or Dell support: If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, contact your organization's IT support or Dell support for further assistance. They may be able to help you enable the Help feature or provide a solution.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

@grosed 

Is that consumer or business subscription?

This is a consumer subscription.
As per NickolmoDE's response:
#2-There is no place in the options menu to any of the Office365 aps pertaining to turning on or off Help.
#3 Reinstalling from Dell Digital Locker (where the software came from) makes no change,
#4 My only choices with Microsoft 365 is to uninstall [or repair or modify]
#5 Dell support told me to buy Software support at $99 to solve the problem.
Seem my response to Serget Baklan.

@Sergei Baklanreply

A full search of the registry found no values  with the name SignInOptions or UseOnlineContent !

What next?

@grosed 

Do any other online functionalities (Help->What's new, Review->Smart lookup, etc) work in your Office?

@Sergei Baklan 

The features under the Help tab are all inactive. I was trying to utilized the "Show Training" and it continues to refer to internet connectivity, which no problem exists with the Internet. Please advised.

In addition, this is a personal computer, and I am the administrator. Thans

@1003jav 

Sorry, I have no consumer subscription to try to reproduce and play with options. Try to ask the support, or ask your question on Microsoft Community , they are more close to support questions. 

I am experiencing a similar problem with "Help" not working, except with different error message. Instead of "admin turned off the service" error, I keep getting "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." This is the case for all subtabs except "Feedback" - that one appears to be working; but Help>Help, Help>Contact Support, Help>Show Training, and Help>What's New all yield all yield the "something went wrong" error.

I am a consumer user with an active Office 365 subscription, with myself as administrator.

@enirevets 

Unfortunately not an answer, just chiming in to say I have the same problem - I can't get help with other problems because my help doesn't work.