Help required

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

Currently creating a distribution matrix for work and I wanted to know if instead of having a long list like the in the attachment. Can I have a drop down menu where you pick the specific submission and it populates the columns. Hope this makes sense.

2 Replies
The short answer is Yes.
The long answer is that more information is needed to assess what it is you want

@billyrichrich83 

As StoneKiwi has already said, you'll need to provide quite a bit more information in order to get more than general help.

In fact, although you seem to think there's an obvious "long list" in your attachment, I don't see one that would qualify as that. So if there is in that attachment a "long list" that you want to use as the source for a drop down please let us know what it is.

Second, you've already put a lot of work into making this workbook look nice. If I can offer a suggestion: your first priority in designing a workbook in Excel is to make it functional. There are many times when I've witnessed a really "pretty" spreadsheet which still isn't functional, and even times when the use of combined cells and other fancy formatting features gets in the way of functionality.

If you're interested in solving the drop-down on your own, do some research into Data Validation... here's a link that might get you started. https://exceljet.net/excel-data-validation-guide