[Help] Preparing a shares/stock list ! Which formula do I use ?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a main list of 3000+ names. of shares.

Everyday I get 400 to 1400 names from the main list which have met a certain criteria after the days trading session (Which may or may not be in alphabetical order). 

I want to prepare my sheet in such a way that meets 2 criteria. (I will use references from the attached file)

1. If any new name added from the previous days list it should be highlighted in a green box. (24th and 25th)

2. If a name from the green box appears in the next days list it should be marked in a yellow box. (25th and 28th)

The objective of making the sheet is to find a new value on a day to day basis and to see if the value is reoccurring the next day.

Pls help..

Thank you

Raghav

1 Reply

@raghavrathi 

Here is an example with conditional formatting. I think that this can be done better with Power-Query.

But I assume that it is an older version of Excel (suspect 2006) because of this conditional formatting. My knowledge is limited about the possibilities with Power Query in some excel versions, as well as the possibilities with colors.

With your permission, if I can recommend you, please always add specific information about your Excel version and operating system to your concerns.

Information on where the file is, such as OneDrive or SharePoint, is of advantage.

As well as, if possible or necessary (in this case is included), a file (without sensitive data).

In this way, you will come up with a proposed solution much faster and more precisely.

This also makes it much easier for the helpers to provide the help that they would like to offer you.

It helps both :).

Here is a link with information on how you can quickly find a solution that is most suitable for you.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)