Help me in this formula

Copper Contributor

Hello Community Members,
I’m a Student and I have to submit an excel project for which I need to prepare a workbook in which a client can enter his/her daily transactions.

Sheet-1 named Transactions,

Sheet-2 named Bank A/c 1

Sheet-3 named Bank A/c 2

Sheet-4 named Bank A/c 3

And so on. The client has at least 5 Bank Accounts from which he does his daily transaction..but the tricky part is that all bank account sheets should be linked to the main sheet (Transaction) so whenever the client enters any data in his transaction sheet, all sheets get updated.
I’m trying the following the formula to get data from the main sheet into the bank a/c sheet..( Date-Wisely)  but my workbook gets hung again and again.

=IFERROR(INDEX(Transactions!$A$5:$H$1000,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($A$1,Transactions!$D:$D)),ROW(Transactions!$A:$A)-4),ROW(Transactions!$A1)),B$2),"")), 1, 1)

Can you please help? Or is there any other way to do so?

1 Reply
Unless this class is specifically calling for legacy-based Excel formulas, you'll want to use FILTER in the bank account sheets to pull from the Transactions sheet. The INDEX array you're trying was the work around used in Excel before the advent of dynamic arrays.